Tila Studio are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice explains how, when and why we collect personal information and how we use it and keep it secure, in compliance with applicable data protection laws, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation.
Who are we?
Tila Studio is the trading name of Tila Studio LTD, registered in England, No: 11236956. Our registered address Aston House, Cornwall Avenue, London, United Kingdom, N3 1LF and phone number is 0207 9981 470. For general enquiries, please email email@example.com
What information is being collected and when?
- When a client come for an appointment, we collect their name, postal address, contact phone numbers, email addresses, and date of birth. We also make a record of any allergies and skin tests for clients having a colour service.
On our website:
- When a client registers for our online booking system via our website www.tilastudiohairandmakeup.com, we collect their name, email address and phone number, which is added onto our client database.
- If a client contacts us via the ‘email us’ button on our website
Why is the data being collected, and what’s our lawful basis for doing so?
Some information we ask for is required for us to provide you with the best service possible. We also ask for some information so we can communicate our news, events and offers with you, but we will always ask for your consent.
- We make a record of any allergies and skin test results as we are legally required to by both our professional federation, and our contractual agreements with our product manufactures, so this is carried out on the lawful basis of our contractual obligations. We also ask for your explicit consent to store this information for 6 months, as it is sensitive information.
- We ask for your date of birth as there are some services we can’t offer to under 16’s, so we process this data on the basis of our legal obligations. For clients that are under 16, we only collect minimal data and always ask for parental consent to store it.
- Occasionally we may need to contact you about an upcoming appointment. For example, to make you aware of your stylist being unwell or an issue beyond our control that requires the appointment to be rescheduled. We will always ask for your preferred mode of contact for these occasions, and you are free to change this at any time, but it is our legitimate business interest to be able to process your data to be able to contact you.
- We collect your mobile number so that we can send you appointment reminders via text message, and do this on the basis of legitimate interest as they dramatically reduce ‘no-shows’ for appointments. We always let you know we will send these reminders beforehand and you are free to request us to stop sending them at any time.
- We like to keep you up-to-date with our news, offers and events via email and/or post; we will always ask if you consent for us to do this and you are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
Who will it be shared with?
We do not sell or rent your data to any third parties. We may share selected data with third parties who, in accordance with our processor service agreements provide specifc services to us. These include our email communications with you and the internal salon software, to ensure we can provide certain services to you. We ensure that all precautions are taken to protect your data and require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. They act only in accordance with our instructions and they agree to keep your personal data confdential and secure.We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
How do we store your data?
We store all information on our secure client database that is password protected, which is backed up to an encrypted, password protected cloud storage system. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from loss or destruction. Where you have flled in a paper form in the salon, it gets scanned and added to the client database and then destroyed.
How long will your data be kept for?
Your data will be kept securely until you notify us that you no longer wish us to do so, or after 2 years from your last salon visit, whichever is sooner.
How you can access and update your information
You are able to view the data we hold on you at any time by contacting us on 0207 9981 470 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to ensuring the accuracy of your information, and regularly check the details we have are correct. If you change any details that we hold, please notify us by either phone on 0207 9981 470, email email@example.com or make your stylist aware at your next visit.
You have the right to decide whether or not you want to receive information from us. If you do not wish to receive communications from us by post, email or phone, in the first instance, you can notify us of that by not opting in on the client contact form in salon.
You can also change how you would like us to contact you by letting a member of our front of house team or your stylist know at any time.
If you would like us to delete all your contact information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0207 9981 470.
If you want to complain about communications you receive from us, you can email us at email@example.com or call 0207 9981 470. If you think that we have misused your data, you can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time.
This policy was last updated on 1st June 2018